Wordfence works proactively by using a firewall and includes a file scanner to check your WordPress site for hacks, backdoors, and viruses.
What does Wordfence do?
- Wordfence uses a firewall to block attacks on your website
- Wordfence has a built-in scanner to scan your WordPress website for hacks, backdoors, and common viruses
- Wordfence provides options to enhance the security of your login screen
- Wordfence offers features to disable WordPress functions commonly exploited by hackers
- Wordfence sends you notifications when issues arise
- And more…
Wordfence is the most widely used plugin for WordPress
With over 4 million users, Wordfence is the most popular security plugin. Following Wordfence, iThemes Security has 1 million active installations, and there are a few other smaller options like Bulletproof, Sucuri, Cerber.
Are you already using a security plugin for WordPress?
It is recommended not to wait too long to install a security plugin. Both new and old sites are targeted by hackers. Whether your website is small or large, make sure hackers can’t gain control over it!