The first impression
Just like in a physical store, your products should look attractive in the woocommerce webshop:
According to statistics, customers decide in the first 5 seconds whether they want to continue their product selection.
- Do you have clear pictures
- A clear description of the product
The appearance of your webshop:
Although the visitor mainly looks at the products, the subconscious (the feeling) also determines a large part of the purchase.
- Is your WordPress webshop easy to use on mobile and tablet (40% of visitors use a mobile or tablet)
- Do you have a clear logo
- Is the text legible (not too small)
- Do the colors of your webshop match your products (Orange-yellow is nice for a travel website, but not for watches, for example)
Can the visitor see with 1 mouse click:
- Who is responsible for the webshop (About us page)
- What is the return policy/warranty
- How others experience your services or products (references)
- Whether you have a quality mark
How fast does your WooCommerce webshop load:
The top 3 biggest reasons for clicking away from the webshop appear to be Pop-ups, misleading texts and a slow webshop.
- Do you know the loading time of your webshop (Should be a maximum of 7-10 seconds)
Check the speed of your webshop now at gtmetrix.com
- Do you have 1 optimization plugin (Think Autoptimize, WP-Rocket)
How is it doing in Google:
70% of visitors come from Google. The description they see with their search result partly determines whether they visit your webshop.
- Do you have an SEO plugin (Think Yoast Seo)
- Have the descriptions of products and pages been adjusted (by default it takes the first sentences of your webshop)
- Do you have a sitemap (Can also be arranged via Yoast, at advanced)
- How many pages are indexed, are all your products indexed
Is your webshop safe for customers:
Customers fill in their payment details, sometimes personal details, home address and that must not fall into the hands of hackers
- Does your webshop have an https certificate (SSL)
- Is your WordPress admin secure (redirected, brute-force protected)
- Is your webshop up-to-date (plugins, WordPress core, the theme)
- Does your webshop or WordPress not contain any malware (Check it at rescan.pro)
Do you want to be sure that your WooCommerce webshop is safe? Let us secure your webshop.